Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Any advice out there? I think I am falling in love w someone.....?

I met this guy about 4 yrs ago at work. At the time he was married and I was engaged. Now, 4 yrs later we are both single. I have been attracted to him since the minute I met him, but I never acted on it because of our situations. Now, things are very different and I do not know what to do or if I am reading him correctly. During both of our breakups (at different times and for different reasons) and while he deployed to Iraq we became very close talking all the time and being shoulders for the other to lean on. We have both had an unbelievable year and have really been there for one another. Since we met we have always joked and flirted etc. And now I am seriously falling hard for him and I do not know what to do. Since his divorce he has sworn that he will never have relationship and that part of him is broken forever. I am not as scorned and would love to fall in love again, for real and for good.We talk everyday! He calls me everyday a few times a day. We hang out, go to the movies etc. Last week I was in the building he works in (we do not see each other everyday we work in different buildings) and it was the end of the day and no one was around, we were joking and then he leaned in very close and I thought for sure he was going to kiss me (i froze in a good way i had butterflies and felt like a teenager again) and then he backed away because i froze. A few min later were walking out to the cars and he leaned in again (nothing he had ever done before) and again i froze, i was afraid imight reading the situation wrong and would embarrass myself. About a year ago we discussed possibly having a physical relationship w no strings ( i have done it before and was fine) and we have never acted on it. Now my head is a BIG mess!n SInce the alleged attempted kiss he is all i think about and cannot wait to see if it happens again. I do not know if the attemped kiss was bc there are feelings or if it was to get ';the ball rolling'; on a physical relationship. I have no idea what he is thinking, how to read the situtions, or how to proceed. After the attempted kisses he asked if I was no longer interested i told him I was out of practice :ts been so long since a first kiss for me and I was afraid i may have been readding the situation wrong, and he uderstood. I saw him very brefly today and will again tomorrow and now I feel all wierd! I honestly think I am falling in love with him! I know him so well and he has been there for me through so much and I for him. I do not know what to do! Can someone really swear off relationships and ever falling in love again? Is he like other guys and only wants a physical relationship? We have even talked bout possibly moving in together bc we both live alone. Am I wasting my time thinking it could be more than it is? Or that it could turn into more? Why does he call me everyday? Please tell me there is someone out there with any encouraging advice etc. Sorry such a long post!Any advice out there? I think I am falling in love w someone.....?
Okay just from reading your situation, i have developed an opinion. I don't believe he has sworn off women for good. I just believe he is bruised badly after his last relationship. He was married for gods sake, he lost the love of his life. But people have an unbelievable amount of inner strength. It takes time for the body and mind to heal. Thats all he needs is some time to move on. I think he does like you, and i think you do have a great chance. If you guys are really friends you should tell him flat out how you feel. No matter what happens i'm sure you guys will still be great friends. Even if you two never develop into a romantic relationship, its good to know you at least tried. Went down swinging you know? But anyhow, in all seriousness. I think you guys have to potential for something beautiful. Tell him how your feeling. Go for broke. Throw all your cards out on the table. Sometimes guys (especially ones who feel abandoned) need to know that you are here for them and you are here to stay. Go for it girl. If it doesn't work, you will still have a great friendship. I wish you the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment