Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you fall out of love with someone? (or at least TRY to)?

A year ago, my ex dumped me and completely broke my heart. We haven't spoken since then; but now, I have my life back together and I have a new bf who is completely wonderful and amazing. However recently my ex reentered my life (strictly as friends). As much as I hate to admit it, I've come to realize that I still love him so much. My ex obviously does not feel the same way and that's fine. I just want these residual feelings to go away because I don't want to feel anything for him anymore. I feel like my love for my ex is unhealthy and getting in the way of me being happy, especially when it has to do with current bf. Is there anything I can do to help these feelings of love go away so I can move on with my life?





And suggesting that I should just stop seeing my ex is unavoidable because we share a lot of mutual friends. Plus we have the same major so we always end up in all the same classes.How do you fall out of love with someone? (or at least TRY to)?
If you can love someone who can hurt you and you still love the person means you like to be mistreated. Misery loves company, don't be stupid and give into those feelings because you will be deceiving yourself. Feelings are no more than they are feelings and that is as far as they go, do not let them dictate how you should live your life because you will be hurting yourself if you follow them.





You just said he broke your heart and you still love him. Yea you need help and do not know what you are doing with the oposite sex, get off the stupid wagon and let him go right along with the crazy feelings If he did not want you a year ago what makes you think he will be any better now. I hope you learned something from this experience, learn to love yourself then you will not allow anyone to hurt you like that again.





Good LuckHow do you fall out of love with someone? (or at least TRY to)?
I know what you are going through. I am going through the same thing right now, sort of. I have an ex-boyfriend, who is a friend. We talk to each other online. I have him on my mind constantly, and I feel a spiritual connection with him. He told me, he still has some feelings for me. The problem is: I am married!!! I don't know what to do either. All I can say is when you feel a temptation about falling back in love with him, empty your mind. Get rid of those thoughts. Breath. Sorry, I couldn't have been any better help for you. BTW, I think I will kind of ask that same question. Can you answer mine?
Once the feelings are there, they can always be there.


I recently saw a guy I dated 11 years ago, and although I was over him 11 years ago, I discovered I still had feelings.


You're probably going to have to wait until you're out of college to move on.
Your story sounds so similar to what's happened in my life!





I know exactly the feeling of having your heart broken and then have to face the very person who broke it. My advice is, try to do as many things possible that make YOU happy. It will keep your mind off of the person you want to get over.


Also, what helped me out a ton! Is:


Write down a pro's and con's list daily. An example:





Cons: Ex BF Pros: New BF


Made me more unhappy, than happy. Always makes me smile and laugh!


Played mind games with me Down-to-earth


He made me happy, in the beginning People say I'm a better person when I'm w/ him


I always felt bad around him He tells me I'm beautiful


Always put me down in some way He's always there for me





It helped me out a lot, because when I wrote one every day it gave me new perspective on my relationship, and made me love my bf even more.


When you compare the two you see which is the healthier relationship and which made you extremely happy or one that made you extremely miserable.


I hope it helps!
';And suggesting that I should just stop seeing my ex is unavoidable because ...';





Sorry, the answer is that you have to avoid seeing your ex. I know it will be difficult, but the alternative is more difficult.
i have the reverse thing going on. my best friend girl wants to be friends, and i like her. she wants my time, and i fail her as a friend. i want her time, and she fails me as not wanting to be my grilfriend. no, there is nothing you can do. sorry. it hurts, and it will until it goes away. there is nothing you can do about it since you can't avoid him. i would say do not be friends with him unless it is with mutual friends around and your new bf around. this will help you compared to talking one on one, etc., as friends with your old bf. these things hurt, and it takes time for them to go away. hope it works out. are you sure the old bf is strcictly a friend?
Let me get this straight..





You seem to still care (and that would lead you to want another ';attempt of relationship'; with him, eventually) for the guy who broke your heart one year ago.





But hey, if you're masochistic, sure. Grow feelings for him again. Why not get your heart broken again? You're a strong girl and this world is though.





Seriously, while you think you feel something for him, remember all those awful things he did to you.


And then rethink them.





Good luck and i think you deserve better than that. :)
dear go through ur old days what ur ex-bf has done ? dont b in love with anyone otherwise it will hurt u again
dont talk to your ex in non social settings with other people, focus on all the positive things in your life such as your boyfriend, recall memories with him as positive and negetive but dont dwell, if you avoid thinking about him youre just avoiding the problem. remember he has changed as a person since then. compare stories about new significant others, though jealousy can arise itll help you think about how you both have moved on.
haha story of my life.


That happened once, try to just tell yourself his a jerk who's in the past for a reason.


You'll eventually find someone you really like.


I have and it bugs the **** outta me haha.


But eat icecream, go out with mates, enjoy life, always have your ipod/mp3 on you so when you feel like your starting to like him again or get angry with him, plug em in full blast and calm yourself by listening to music.





This is what i do.


Hope it works ?
Not really, I'd suggest that you pretty much ignore him, be polite but not friendly and don't strike up a conversation with him, just start viewing him as just another person...





To be fair though, you sound like you still have quite strong feelings for him.. Might be worth having a chat with him?
because girls act like your there to serve them and you think, i could pay for sex and kick her out afterwords and be a lot happier living like a bachelor.
You can't. And why is a has been, past tense, non longer required bf, ex, back in your life? Creating your own problems, true? The only way to get over the past is by creating a new future! With new bf's, sports, classes, hairdo, etc..


Peace.
As much as I want to tell you that there is some magical way to completely wipe out the feelings you have for your ex, I can't.


You can't control your feelings, especially when it comes to love. So maybe the next time you start thinking about him, think about his annoying habits and why you two broke up, and then think about your current boyfriend and why you love him.


The feelings you have for your ex- boyfriend will slowly disappear, it just takes time.
You cry! crying will help ease tension!

No comments:

Post a Comment