Monday, August 16, 2010

Is It Possible To MAKE Yourself Fall Out Of Love With Someone?

Ok so we were together for 2 and a half yrs and we broke up 2months ago...I broke up with him..and there were many reasons why I did..but I am still in love with him and I feel like I am going crazy because he is playing games with my head...he tells me he loves me,calls me and gets very emotional(when hes smashed) and i fall for him over n over again like an idiot..almost every weekend for the past couple of months he tells me he's gonna pick up the rest of his things n were going to hang out one last time for closure..and i ALWAYS look forward to it but every single time he has said this...he just doesn't call me or nothing..but i always wait..how do I get through this and just let go of my feelings for him?I will give 10points to best answer..I really appreciate this so thanks so much in advance : ) Is It Possible To MAKE Yourself Fall Out Of Love With Someone?
been where you are. She would call and we'd talk and she would end it with an I Love You, and I still had pictures of her around, and all those little things that made it still feel like she was there. I could even sometimes still catch her scent on the air, but I knew it was all in my head.


I took down all the pictures, and put all those little things in a box, and shoved it into the closet, and I stopped calling her, and told her that i love her, but that right now this wasn't healthy for me to talk to her and asked her to not call me anymore. After a good relationship you need time and distance so you can learn to be independent again, and see that life does go on, and you can still have fun. I also started going out more, and just seeing movies with friends and reminding myself that even those that was a great 2 years, I have many more great years left to liveIs It Possible To MAKE Yourself Fall Out Of Love With Someone?
You know, it just takes time. Two and a half years is a really long time and when you love someone it seems to take forever to get over that person. There's nothing you can do that will help. Not hooking up with another guy, or getting into a rebound relationship. You just have to distance yourself and learn to live your life without him.


It's going to be hard, and it's going to take a while.
I know exactly what you are going through. My ex-husband left me for another woman and it still hurts to this day, but has gotten better over the year that it happened. Honestly, you can't turn your feelings on and off that easily. You really need to stay away from him and don't talk to him on the phone. He is not good for you, you will realize this down the road. Time will heal, you just have to help it along and get him out of your life. Good luck hon.
somewhat. you can try to avoid falling back in love. i know ur alwasy told ';try to see the best in people'; but in this case u gotta do the opposite. and dont talk to him. if hes not in ur routine he wont b in ur mind and ull find someone else. i know it sounds kinda harsh but it does work. and if he really does still love u he'll make a BIG effort to get you back. if not he'll jsut kidna move on. hope this helps.
it is a major saying that you can fall in love once and stay in love for a lifetime...but i think you need time to get over it...you might need time away...you know like not answering his phone calls not taking him seriusly when he says he love you...explain to him that you need to think about things...he should understand
i have the same question cuz im in school and i have a boyfriend from england (im from america and we're in america) and he's leaving in 9 months to africa his parents are missionaries...
although u r still in love with this person try to let go or he will still have the handle of your emotions like hes doing now. Let go fast or u will wast your entire life with this guy. HE IS NOT INTERSTED IN YOU.that is why he treates you this way. He has interest elsewhere
Its possible. it will take a loooong time and he'll most likely always be in the back of your mind. just find someone else and slowly but surely it will happen.
HES JUS WANTS WAT HES USED 2 ...AND U SHULD GET OVER HIM QUICK CUZ HES JUS GONNA KEEP PLAYIN WIT U
if i were you i would just go out [[ club]] %26amp;%26amp; meet new guys.


=]
well in my opinion it takes a Minute to fall in love but an eternity to forget that love,as far as what you should do, cut off all contact with him it will be hard at first but eventually you'll begin to realize this isn't worth it, trust me I'm someone who dated one of the many kings of head games You end up hurting yourself worse each time you talk to him..you wont fall out of love but soon you will forget him and he'll be a thing of the past if you drop contact with him period no excuses.


Hope this helped.
You are holding onto him because you are holding onto the hope that he still has feelings for you and maybe you still want to be with him. Falling out of love with someone takes time. A lot of time unfortunately. But honestly it's like one day you see him and just go ';wow I dont like you anymore'; it will happen. You just have to wait it out and maybe it would be best for you if you stopped talking to him if he is leading you on and breaking your heart without knowing it (or knowingly). Hope this helps. You will get over him. You just have to wait. In the mean time try to focus on other things to help keep your mind off of it. Hang with your friends, stuff like that. Good luck! Email me if you want some more advice. Trust me I have been where you are right now.
First things first, you must accept the fact that you deserve much better and you must stop contacting him right away. I know its going to be very very tough, but then its the first step. You have to take the first step whether you like it or not. By contacting him, you'll only get more weak and fall for him again and again which you don't want. I even had my phone switched off for nearly 2 weeks straight, believe it or not! It really helped me!





There must be things that bother you, apart from the memories. All the gifts or his things, if they bother you, don't hesitate to put them away. Just dump them in a box and put it out of reach for now. Even photographs, if you have them on your computer, you might want to burn them on a CD and just hide it with other things.





Now, you really need a change or a break. With so much on your mind and still going to work or doing the same routine things will do you no good. Try to take a few days off and get yourself a change. Stop doing the routine work for few days. Its really going to help a lot. Remember, you have to work and do routine things for the rest of your life, but you can't go on and live like this forever. So, work and routine things can wait for a few days! Your happiness is the top priority! I spent a lot of time with my cousins and it really helped me in many ways! You need to do something new and exciting so that you don't get the time to think of him. So, take a break and get a change soon!





Just try these things and you might feel a lot better! It surely did the trick for me! I'm Sorry if you found something harsh/rude.
I guess the real question is why did you break up with him if you still love him and want him to come around? My guess is he got a taste of freedom and is enjoying it. He knows he still loves and cares for you, thus the ';drunk dialing'; and empty promises. He wants to show you he still cares but lacks the desire to reconcile. He may be looking to give you a little payback for the break-up. Make you feel a little unwanted as you did him. If I was that concerned about whether he was going to come back I would simply tell him you made a mistake and would like to get back together with him. Otherwise, stop taking his calls and look for someone new. Either way you need a definite resolution and not an endless ';maybe'; ';maybe not';.
What I did one time with a 5-year crush: I mentally told the guy that I wished him a very good life, but it was time for me to go. I imagined a tree stump with a rope across it, with one end tied to me and the other to him. Then I imagined swinging an axe down hard onto the rope, and I cut it with one blow. Just visualizing that final separation did the trick for me.





You may also need to hear from someone other than yourself that this guy is no good for you. It's hard just going on your own good advice - we seem to keep going back for more, don't we? So I'll tell you that, while you had a good run with this guy, and still have feelings for him, he's not in a good place mentally. He may have good feelings for you too, but always backs out at the last minute. You need to save your sanity and stop letting this guy back into your life. Be the bigger person for both of you and put a stop to it.
It's hard to love someone for 2 years and build up feelings only to have them snatched from you. The only way to deal is to move on by thinking there is another guy out there for me and I can't wait to meet him. That guy will give you all you need. So show this ex of yours that your fine and cut all ties. When you show confidence you feel confident. You don' t deserve someone who plays trick or treats with your feelings. There is obvioulsly a reason you two broke up. Hold your head up and do you.Good Luck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment