Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I fall out of love with my best friend?

I've been trying to answer this question for months now. I've known my best friend for a while and I know I have never loved anyone as much as I love him. He makes me laugh, I can't wait to see him, and when I know I'm going to see him I get butterflies in my stomach, I know his family and love them, too, and we are a lot alike. We have many of the same values and want the same things out of life. About two years ago we made out at a party and talked about going out and having a relationship. Problem is a week later he changed his mind and decided he didn't want to ruin our friendship. Then some time after that, he makes a comment about how he doesn't like me ';like that';. That confused me even more. Was he lying then or is he lying now? We're such good friends and I enjoy hanging out with him too much to do the whole distancing thing. I know he's not perfect and what his flaws are, and I love him anyway. These are what some websites say to do when trying to not love someone, but I can't do it. He is more important to me than anything and even despite the pain I feel when I see him with other girls, I can't get rid of that little bit of hope that he does feel the same way. That he's just scared or unsure. This has been torturing me. I wouldn't mind just being awesome friends but I love him. My heart, my mind, my soul, as cheesy as that sounds I don't care. I can't even date or have another relationship because of it. It's like I don't want anyone else. Nobody is like he is, obviously, and nobody will be, but I can't move on because of that hope. I just don't want to be with anyone else but him. I'm asking if anyone can help me, but I know the odds aren't good. You can't really fall out of love if it's real. That's what love is. I don't know what to do.How do I fall out of love with my best friend?
I've been best friends with this guy for about four years. He'd never had a girlfriend and I was always hopelessly falling for guys then realising they weren't actually what I wanted. At the beginning of this year, we both joked about how we might as well get together since we were both alone.





The thing is, I couldn't get the idea out of my head. The idea spread and spread until I liked him so much he was all I could think about. He knew how I felt, of course I told him because he's my best friend. But he's liked the same girl for two years, who we know he doesn't have a chance with. She's smart, gorgeous - perfect, but shallow.





About five months ago we were alone at his house and he kissed me. Even though he always told me he didn't like me and he couldn't have anything with me, he kissed me O.o . He'd never kissed anyone before, and I hadn't either. Within a few minutes we were fully making out. It was so confusing, he said he didn't like me!!





SUPER long story cut short, two months ago he told me he'd made a decision and he was ready to commit to me. He says it will take him a long time to get over the other girl but I take his mind off her and we're really happy (: He's still my best friend, as well as my boyfriend, and everything is exactly the same except I spend A LOT more time with him, especially when his parents aren't home (;





My friends always tell me it was worth the wait and the perseverence. So my advice is, don't give up. We seemed like the least likely couple and this time last year I would have died of laughter if someone told me what would happen in the future. Your guy should come to his senses, but it will take time. Good luck (:How do I fall out of love with my best friend?
Perhaps you should have another talk with him and just tell him that the feelings you have for him have not faded. Tell him that you would feel better if he would at least give it a chance to see if anything would come of a relationship between you two. If he still says no then you might want to ask him if he is scared of commitment and that you would not hurt him... a lot of guys are afraid. Maybe if he isn't affraid he really might not be able to see himself with you. He might see you more as a sister than a girlfriend.
Look, the only way to fall out of love with your best friend is if you fall in love again with someone else.





Example...I'm not a very good example since I'm still stuck on my best guy friend...I fell in love again with someone else. Just make sure he treat you right b/c the guy I trusted was just using me.





He got to know me for the wrong reasons. I don't hate him though...I hate that I tried to force myself to fall in love when I'm only wanting one guy.....





Hopefully this helps you too.
im like the guy in this situation no joke.


my best friend is in love with me seriously for like almost two years....hes my best friend and he just thinks im the 'one' i guess...he has never tried anything on me b/c ive always been confused abt him and he doesnt want to hurt our friendship like ur guy friend...so a week ago he dropped me off at my car and he got out too and when i turned around after unlocking my door he just pushed me against my car and kissed me...but im not sure if i felt anything...he thinks im scared to be in a relationship but he doesnt want anyone but me...i think i can speak for your friend...i think he feels the same as i do...he loves you as a friend and cant imagine a life without you in it...and is kind of in this stage where he doesnt want you to move on because he's afraid that your friendship will not be the same...i think he likes how much you care for him..but i think you should still give him some time and talk about it..my best friend and i are truly close and we dont mind talking about our feelings or lack there of on my part..but it helps a lot..
its not that easy dude to fall out of love with some one specially with your best friend. any how u can try doing some thing rash, odd, walking out with some other girls.


and yeh god bless u
  • ltd
  • music myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment