Friday, August 20, 2010

Can you fall in love with someone you don't find attractive? *Long question*?

I guess I ought to explain. I warn you it will take some reading. Im in my final year of school, currently only months away from finishing. In my close group of friends are two women, Jane and Amy.





Though I've known them for 4 years, I've only been what could be considered ';real'; friends (as opposed to people I know and get on with) since November. Over the time since then until about then end of Jan, I spent a lot more time with them, developing a far stronger friendship.





Skip forward to the week before the end of February. Theres been a lot of drama, and I am comparing my life to a soap opera, but everything is sorted. Everything is sorted. We spend even more time together now that a Costa chain has opened in a nearby village. I decided to place my trust in Jane, as she had trusted me with feelings previously, and confess my infatuation with Amy. This infuriated her, because I was the only one who ';saw Amy how she really is'; (we had admittedly bitched about her a bit two days prior).





Come Saturday, after a week of fighting, at a party held at a friends house, Jane was in tears, fearing that I (and others) were only friends with her due to her closeness to Amy. After a lot of trying, I got her to talk to me about it. We realised that for whatever reason we cared about each other far more than we had previously established; much more akin to brother-sister than mere friends, and that she hated the thought of losing me because of Amy..





This event lead to her falling out with Amy. Something that hadn't happened in 7 years. During this time I tried to be everything Jane needed and more. In her words ';we have this incredible bond. I feel I can tell you anything';. Now, however she and Amy are once again friends, and I feel as if the bond has broken. She seems colder, more distant.





And it hurts. The only thing I can compare it to is when I fell in love some time two years ago and things went horrendously wrong. And more parallels can be drawn. If even the tiniest thing goes the tiniest bit wrong when she's around, I'll feel awful for at least a day. If things go right, however, I'm on top of the world. All indications would point to me having fallen in love (which is complicated enough, what with her having a boyfriend of 8 months today). And yet I'm not attracted to her.





Don't get me wrong, sometimes I see her and I just want to kiss her, hold her. But I don't find her attractive. Even more confusingly, I'm still very much enamoured with her best friend Amy.





So theres the details. Is it possible to fall in love with someone you don't find particularly attractive? That you just don't see that way?





And also, is it possible to fall in love with one person and be infatuated with another?Can you fall in love with someone you don't find attractive? *Long question*?
I think when you fancy someone, you start to find them more attractive than you did before, so maybe that's enough to push you into finding them attractive enough. If you don't find them at all attractive though, there's no point starting a relationship. It'll just cause problems in the future and you'll only end up hurting her and possibly yourself in the process. I'd suggest that you don't rush into to trying for a relationship with either of them, just stick to being their friend for a while and see how your feelings for Jane develop, and if it looks like Amy's got any feelings for you. Don't try to steal anyone away from their boyfriend either, especially when you're so confused, it's not fair to ruin other people's relationships.Can you fall in love with someone you don't find attractive? *Long question*?
im not readin all that but no its not a prob xxxxx take care as long as u love them it shud be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment