Friday, August 20, 2010

Can a person fall in love with someone s/he never met in person but talked to on line?

Can you fall in love with someone on the internet just by talking to him/her and finding out what kind of person he/she is, what s/he belives in, and know what is important to him/her... (Lets assume he/she is telling you the truth and being real, not the type that tells you what want to hear).


Has this happened to you or anyone you know... Share good stories, bad stories, or just advise. I think I know what is happening to me but wonder how it has worked out for others. ThanksCan a person fall in love with someone s/he never met in person but talked to on line?
With the idea of the person, yes.


But really in love? I doubt it.Can a person fall in love with someone s/he never met in person but talked to on line?
it happens in alot of movies
Yes, it happened to me before. Fell in love so deeply and truly with a person who is thousands of miles away from me. Though we communicated in a daily basis through chatting with webcam, phone conversation. I have fallen in love with him through these media. It is possible but i must say, too risky. It is better to see and meet a potential lover/partner in person before falling so hard deeply because loving someone entails physical chemistry / attraction. It is a must to see and spend time with that person to confirm your feelings for him. Though, loving someone thru internet/chatting could be a great start but i advise to meet him in person to make it MORE REALISTIC. Sad to say that my experience in this ended in a break-up coz we both realized that there was no passion and physical chemistry going on which we didn't expect to happen when we started to fall in love before meeting in person.
I think you can fall in love with them but I don't really think you can really love them without at least speaking to them. I believe there is so much in people's eyes that I would find it hard to love someone I had never seen. Of course if I was blind there would be other ways to know.
No I dont think love is posible. Lust yes but not love
sure someone can fall in luv someone on line. but usually people are a lot different face to face.
I think its just infatuation and the excitment of the mystery person on the other end that makes us think we love that person or are in love with that person. Its all fun while is going on but you really need to watch out because it takes time for that to die down and then you are left with a used and broken heart....However I did have a good experience I met my boyfriend while I was in high school and we really didnt tell each other we loved each other but were attracted to each other and I remember him telling me ';i am going to marry you some day'; and I just laughed and said ya right your crazy you dont even know me and well 4 1/2 years later we are madly in love I could not picture myself with no one else and there are no plans for marrige yet but there is lots of talk of it and we are very happy. Best of wishes to you.
Yes,this has happened to me unfortunatelly.


I did feel and fell in love because I am so naieve,I still do not know his love me..if there is any.


Still...be very careful,do not go for:lookstoogoodtobetrue lovers.


Love will find a way and love takes time.
I have a close friend that met his girlfriend online. They will be together for 4 years on July 4th.


They happened to be really honest with each other %26amp; talked for about a year before they met. Of course once they met, they had issues (like everyone), they had to get used to being around each other in person %26amp; reality set in.


Go for it, Good Luck!
I actually met my wife over the internet. I just started college. We met in a chat room and exchanged e-mails after a really good conversation. We e-mailed and chatted for a few months. We then sent each other pictures through the mail. I sing, so I also sent her a tape of me singing. She is an artist, so she sent me drawings that she drew. The next step we did was get each others phone numbers and talk to each other. I can remember talking to her for 14 hours on a labor day! We were very honest with each other, but we never really said that we loved each other too much. Once we met in person we knew each other so well that we hit it off and I was engaged to her after two months. So I think it is important that you do more than just chat. You need to interact in different ways and see if things stay the same. Then maybe after a while you can meet him in person and see how things work out. :) Good Luck.





By the way I have been married now going on 6 years. We have two beautiful children as well! :)
I beleive you can find a connection and a deep one at that through any type of communication (letters, email, chat rooms), however before true love can occur a personal meeting of the eyes is necessary to see if there is a physical attraction as well. Plus most people feel safe to lie (at least a bit) with their online personas. Meeting one on one in person can alleviate some of this doubt.
its happened tons of times... also a lot of people have been murdered by someone they met on the internet. Enjoy!
I met my husband on line and I loved his personality and the fact that we had so much to talk about but I did not fall super hard until I had the chance to hear his voice and spend some time with him. This was not easy as we were in 2 different states. My only word of advise would be to be careful, you never know what is out there and the on line world can be a scary place. Get to know this person before you make any decisions about where you want the relationship to go! I wish you well!! Good luck I hope all works out for you! :-)
It happened with me and my current boyfriend. I am 38, he is 41. We met thru yahoo personals. He travels for work and we talked thru messenger and on the phone for almost a month before we met. We got to know each other very well during that time, and after a month I felt comfortable enough to fly to where he was working at the time. I didn't want to believe I was in love with him without meeting him first, but regardless, it happened. We've now been together for 6 months, never go more than 2 weeks at a time without seeing each other, and just when I think I can't love him any more, I love him even more the next day. For those curious, the feelings are mutual, he calls me multiple times a day just to tell me he loves me, he misses me, or is thinking about me. He also was the first to tell me he loved me, I waited a few weeks longer just to be sure thats how I really felt. So, it can happen...
I would say no. Thier is no human interaction. You may not be attracted to him if you ever met him in person. You need to see how you interact with the person. You profess your love with this peron on the net but when you meet the person thier may be nothing there!
No, I've said this before. People are blind and deaf when it comes to a new budding romance. Put the breaks on. Be sure you're happy with yourself before trying to make others happy. Good Luck!
You can be VERY attracted... but in love... is quite different... but I guess everybody is different
I have to say that I met a man on-line and after a few days we started talking on the phone, and talked and talked etc... I told him things that I had never told anyone. I felt a very special bond with him. Well, we finally met in person and I couldn't have been happier. I mean we had exchanged photos and the like, so there were no surprises or anything. But, for some reason he just didn't feel the same things that I did. It didn't work out for us, but who is to say that it wouldn't for you. Don't let other people influence how you feel. Only YOU need to make this choice. I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you find the love match that I didn't.
Hell yeah, i met my sweetheart on the net, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me.
yes, absolutely,why not!!!!


by the person`s talks ,his/her attitude and the style of chatting can definitely make another pair in this world....
i think you can really like someone but honestly(love?) no i dont think so
that has happened to me but my dear when you meet this person most probably you will be shocked from several things that you will find out with time. But it might just happen.... no one knows!! meeting each other will change somethings u know!
It's totally possible. The only problem with on-line relationships is that all the information you get is not enough to really know a person. One thing is what someone tells you and another is what it really is. Sometimes, when you don't have enough information about a person, your brain fills up the missing information and makes you see a person in a way that not necessarily is the real way that person is.
i think it is possible, but there is such mystery and romanticism surrounding this kind of relationship that it is kind of deceiving because you only get to see the good side of the person. just be sure to guard your heart so that you do not get hurt.
call me a romantic but yes definitely.


I did, and we started out talking on the internet,then on the phone later and we met a few months later in a safe public place. we are still dating and have been dating for a year on april 16. he is the most amazing person i have ever met and if i would have ruled him out just because i met him online i would never have had the oppertunity to have the amazing relationship we have now.


so I say carpe diem (sieze the day), just be safe about it.


good luck!


:)
all you know about this person is how they are on-line





when you love a person you love everything about them





the way they talk, walk, think,


when they get mad, sad, crazy, happy


you love it all





can you say you love everything about them


if you don't know everything





you know what he told you that's it
i don't see why not i guess so.
I do believe it can! My cousin from Nebraska, met her now husband while talking on line. He was from Canada. He came here to marry her and they have been together over 5 years!





Good luck!!
Good question. I am currently in an online relationship and I have fallen deeply in love with what has been presented to me. I believe what I am hearing but it is a judgement call. I have to read between the lines and make many assumptions. We will meet eventually and that will be the impetous to a final decision but in the meantime, what to do? Use your reason as well as your heart. I think that it is easier to be honest having never met because I have nothing to lose. The real question is, are they being honest as well. There is no way to tell for sure. Like any relationship, has it developed over time? Do you have pictures (many of them, not just a few)? Look at the big picture and not just the little phrases that seem to connect with your feelings. Love is a gamble and the rewards/failures can be life changing. We take our chances do we not? But life is a risk and sometimes you just have to have faith that things will work out. With a lot of hard work of course. The one thing that concerns me is that we have fallen in love with each others minds, but there does have to be a physical attraction as well and a meeting may change that feeling. The pictures are great but attraction is more than that. Smells, movements, not being superficial but it is important. Best of luck to you and I would love to hear how it turns out for you.
i thought that i had fallen in love with someone online but realized we were both just going through something similar in life, could relate to each other through email and phone calls, but fitting into each other's daily lives was something different. i definitely think online connections let you get to know part of a person,...spending time together in person lets you know how they relate to the world.
';Love'; can be one of the most amazing feeling in the world. Nevertheless, feelings are produced by chemical reactions in the body/brain. One of those reactions is based on your visual perception (yes even blind people create a ';mental image'; of others). If that visual reaction is positive then it is ONE part of the multiple chemical reactions needed for ';true'; love. Sorry Virginia, love is not actually blind.
  • ltd
  • music myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment